Sunday, September 21, 2008

I need to become obsessed with art again - I want it pouring out of me. 
I don't want my own images in my mind though, I want to chew on another artist's work all day. 
I want to draw like them - I really want a new style. 

I have been trying for a long time to develop my own style, and after making the arts blog thing, I realized that everything that I draw - even the "realistic" stuff has the same feel and same shape. 
I can't quite describe it. 
That's probably a huge challenge in art - describing a specific style. 
I know that my art always morphs along the way - nothing is as it was planned. 

I'm distracted because Im listening to a podcast with Dosh, getting up on new art blogs, 
thinking about a big drawing, watching Raya do photoshop of me, worrying about Sam, and wanting to be famous. 

Things to remember every day: 
Get on art blogs - get "saturated"
Love people with a new love
Take care of my body (eat or exercise at least) so that I can do the things I love
Get in nature
...... pray

there are more. i'll add on later

No comments: